Applications for overseas travel

Sometimes offenders on an ICO may need to travel overseas for the purpose of work, to attend a funeral or to visit sick or dying relatives.

Travel for recreation is not permitted.

If you are an offender on an ICO and wish to travel overseas you must first make a Travel Overseas Application to the SPA for permission.

In all cases, the SPA needs to have a report from Community Corrections.

The most efficient way to apply for overseas travel is with the knowledge and assistance of your Community Corrections Officer.

Applicants must provide supporting evidence of their essential need to travel.

Details of the proposed itinerary, plus ideparture and return dates must be provided.

You are best not to purchase tickets until you have the SPA's approval to travel. 

Last updated:

15 Jul 2022

Was this content useful?
We will use your rating to help improve the site.
Please don't include personal or financial information here
Please don't include personal or financial information here

We acknowledge Aboriginal people as the First Nations Peoples of NSW and pay our respects to Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the ongoing connection Aboriginal people have to this land and recognise Aboriginal people as the original custodians of this land.

Top Return to top of page Top